is being assisted by the World Bank underWorld Bank
Technical Education-III Project.
- Three year Diploma in Civil Engineering.
- Three year Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
- Three year Diploma in Electrical Engineering.
From time to
the following Diploma and Post Diploma courses were
added to the curriculum.
- Three Year Diploma in Automobile Engineering.
- Three Year Diploma in Electronics & Communication
- Three Year Diploma in Computer Engineering.
With the assistance
of World Bank Tech. Ed-III Project the following
Diploma courses were added to the institution curriculum.
- Three Year Diploma in Leather Technology.
- Three Year Diploma in Wood Technology.
institutional development has taken a new turn during
the last 3-years under the assistance of World-Bank
Tech-III Project along with other three Government
Polytechnics of the Jammu and Kashmir state. Under
the project following Components are undertaken:-
- Capacity expansion.
- Quality Enhancement.
- Efficiency Improvement.
expenses the following activities have been under
taken till date
- New Academic Area, Computer Labs, Workshops,
Class Rooms under construction.
- New additional Hostel under construction.
- Residential space for faculty and staff under
- Continuing Education Programmes introduced.
Under the quality
enhancement efficiency improvement following activities
have been under taken.
- Almost all faculty and staff members trained
in various advanced courses.
- Seven faculty members undergoing long term
Higher degree programmes.
- All the Labs/Workshops modernized.
- Curriculum revised and made as per the present
Industrial standards for all the courses.
- Learning resources center with modern facilities
i.e. equipment and LR established.
- Library strengthen by providing modern and
latest Books for all disciplines.
- Training and placement cells established.
- Computer center with modern facilities established.
- Internet facility provided in the institution
- Video Conferencing facilities under process.
- LAN established and all departments ,Administrative
- Net working with institutions of repute under
- MPECS for all disciplines under process.
- Autonomy of institution under Process.
- IRG scheme introduced.
As agreed under
World Bank Tech -Ed-III Project, the Institute is
mandated to do the following activities:
- Liaison with Industry for development of Curricula,
Evaluation of Students, Industrial training
of Students / Staff / Faculty, industry based
project work etc.
- Introduction of MPECS (Multipoint Entry and
- Offering Continuing Education Programmers.
- IRG (Internal Revenue Generation) to supplement
the funds shortage.
- Becoming autonomous through phases and Contributing
- All the departments of Polytechnic will be
developed as the centers of excellence. The
highest standards of social, moral and ethical
behaviour will be demonstrated by the staff
and the students.
- The institute will carry out the community
development programmes to bring radical change
in the Techno-economic scenario in rural areas
and urban Slums.
- The institute will introduce modern methods
of Management Information and Network System
(MINS) for ensuring effective and efficient
working of the institute.
- The Institute will explore new avenues for
Internal Revenue Generation, which in turn will
help in institutional development.
- The institute will introduce Continuing Education
Programmes to cater to the needs of the community
- The institute will focus on upliftment of
underprivileged sections of society.
- The Institute will encourage the students
to become successful entrepreneurs.
- The Institute will strive to introduce degree
level Programmes in Engineering and Technology.
- The Institute will strive to get Autonomy.
- The Institute will introduce FM- radio channel
for propagating its programmes and for imparting
- The Institute will establish the Research
and Development Cell.
- The Institute will establish facilities for
Web-based Learning, E-governance, Networking
and interlinking with other institutions of
excellence in and outside India.
- In all such activities the institute shall
have special focus on women development and
the development of downtrodden and disabled